Nurturing Parenting is a family-centered, trauma-informed training initiative designed to build nurturing parenting skills and healthy child-rearing practices.
Nurturing Parenting community-based CASE MANAGEMENT WORKSHOPS can be provided by First 5 Kern funded program who has at least two trained staff members (at least one from a First 5 Kern funded program) and must have attained a Result Indicator of 2.2.2 on the Commission’s approved Scope of Work Evaluation Plan (the number of parents/guardians who received group parenting education).
Nurturing Parenting COURT MANDATED PARENTING CLASSES can be provided by First 5 Kern funded program who has at least two trained staff members (at least one from a First 5 Kern funded program) and must have attained a Result Indicator of 2.2.1 on the Commission’s approved Scope of Work Evaluation Plan (the number of parents/guardians who received court-mandated parent education). Programs must provide:
- A cover letter with the organization and program name, a brief summary of interest in providing court-mandated classes and why the services are needed within the community. The letter must include contact information for all staff members needing training including address, phone, fax and email address.
- A resume for each staff member listed on the cover letter.
- A current Mandated Reporter General Training certificate of completion. (FREE ONLINE COURSE)
- Demonstrate the ability to pay for required pre- and post-tests within the program’s First 5 Kern budget. Cost is $5 per person (which covers assessment fees only). It is within the program’s discretion offset costs and charge participants the $5 assessment fee.
- Agree to enter assessment data into the NURTURING PARENT DATA SYSTEM. First 5 Kern evaluation staff will create an account for the program and provide technical assistance and training.
- Successfully pass the Kern County Department of Human Services (DHS) screening and review process. DHS reviews all candidate information and provides First 5 Kern with a list of approved candidates.
- Provide a signed Conditions of Approval form for each trainee prior to the Nurturing Parenting training.
First 5 Kern Training Staff
Anastasia Lester – Program Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.